Thursday, January 1, 2015

Civil War Officer's Kepi Once Worn by a Family Ancestor

 
 
 
 
While searching for information online regarding my 3x great grandfather, William Scott Ketchum, I came across this kepi which was once owned and worn by him during the Civil War. It was for sale on eBay for the astronomical sum of $3,900.00! I would love to reclaim this artifact, but the price asked for is much too high for me. Hopefully a collector who can appreciate it will purchase it and care for it properly. I would love to hold it in my hands and inspect it. I have seen photos of WSK in uniform, but until now, I had no idea of what type of hat he may have worn. Should I ever get around to illustrating him, this photo should come in very handy for reference.
 


Photo credit: Motorcycle-Memories.com

No comments:

Post a Comment